Reality

Ya know, there are times, more often then not that I see the world around me as a collection of scenes.
Ya know what I mean? The only damn thing in this stinkin’ world that’s real is me and all other people, buildings, animals, memories are all just scenes from the movie of my life. It simply ain’t real.
I keep people at a distance because I don’t wanna hear them, don’t wanna see them, smell them, feel them and all of that shit. The songs I hear is are nothin’ more than an added score. A soundtrack, meant to enhance the feelings I have at that particular moment.

I think that’s the way I get through life. I think I’d go nuts when I meet people and would shake their hands, feel their skin, smell their breath and look ‘em straight in the eye. I’d loose it when confronted with their realness.
You know what I mean? You do. It’s like realising your parents had or still have a lot of sex with a lot of groanin’ and sweatin’, going nuts all over the damn place. It’s meeting a sweet girl and imagining her takin’ a long, big, satisfying dump after a long, day’s work at the office.
It’s too much to bare, isn’t it?

So I keep it all at a distance. Makin’ casting calls all around me. Old people are either sweet or moody, little children are adorable, dogs are man’s best friend, black women are proud and silent, family is lovin’, friends are trustworthy and new girlfriends are romantic and as crazy ‘bout me as I of them.
Doin’ this makes life so much easier. I’m not able to cope with life in the real way. That’s me.

Thanks for your attention, we’ll talk later, John.

No comments: